Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Girly Gift Bag

I have had a busy weekend of writing papers, embroidery, and last minute Christmas shopping (my goal is to get it all done before Thanksgiving - and 80% is done now). Lots of craft shopping was done at Michael's, thanks to the wonderful coupons they include in Sunday's paper.
Michael's purchases
I got a few types of Martha Stewart wrapping paper and a nice pair of scalloped scissors (pictured above). I also got a huge Martha Stewart scrapbook for my family's old portraits (which are now in horrible acidic, adhesive photo albums), some Mod Podge, and super cute cupcake liners. Before I went cupcake, photo album crazy, it was my brother's birthday (Happy Birthday George) and I was looking for a cute way to wrap a gift card. I use some of my Martha wrapping paper and made a little bag.
Gift bag
I cut the edges into flaps and taped them together from the inside.
Gift bag
After putting the gift card in the bag, I started to sew the top...
Gift bag
Gift bag
..until it was shut. I sewed on a bow and somehow turned a boy-ish Frys gift card into a girly surprise.
Gift bag

No comments: