Monday, November 05, 2007

FIDM

This weekend, I was lucky to get the chance to visit the FIDM library and get a peak into their archives and services. It was a great tour! The patron's oozed with creativity, I love seeing design students looking for inspiration at the library! I loved it there. There textile room was my favorite. It had fabrics, buttons, and trims galore with dress forms ready for students to practice draping onto.
$1 per yard at FIDM!
Speaking of fabrics, the FIDM Scholarship store was also pretty exciting. I got fabric for $1 per yard! The selection wasn't huge, but it was for $1 per yard! I managed to get a few fabrics for possible curtains, bags, and who knows what else? I don't think I have ever paid that little for fabric, even in downtown's garment district.

No comments: