Thursday, April 19, 2007

Are There Nuts In Here?

Yesterday was a bit busy. When I got home, I wrapped a gift for a co-worker who is leaving. Originally, my plan was to put the items in a bag and call it a day! See, I'm extremely troubled in the gift wrapping department. My mom and sister are expert wrappers, but somehow I got left out with the gift wrapping gene. Looks harmless so far....
wrapping
But where was I going with this? I have no idea, but this is it. Believe it or not, it took me about an hour to do this. I tried really hard, but this is all I've got. It's so unfortunate.
The finished gift

Wrapping gifts isn't the only thing I messed up on last night! There's more, oh yes! Brian was coming over after work, so I decided (15 minutes before he arrived) that I should probably make cookies or something. Problem was, I had very little ingredients. I got a recipe of one of my favorite recipe sites, www.allrecipes.com that included the bare minimum, something like this...

Butter Cookies II
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Roll dough into little balls and bake until brown

Not so good. The dough was weird.
Funny looking dough

The taste was a bit off too. Brian asked me, "What kind of nuts did you use in these cookies?" (see recipe... no nuts! How did that happen?)
Crumbly after the oven

In total, I think we ate about 3 cookies before I threw them out and made chocolate pudding.
Chocolate pudding

We watched the movie QuinceaƱera, ate some pudding, and had a good night.

No comments: