Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wedding Craft #10: Quilt Guestbook

Wedding Quilt square
One of the things I worried about most on our wedding day is about how everything would look at the reception hall. I had a very specific vision I really wanted to capture, but wasn't there to put it all together myself (though I left extremely thorough directions - I literally drew pictures of how I wanted everything to look). I told myself that no matter what happens, I'm going to just have a good time. I was prepared for the worst, but hoped for the best. I really didn't know how everything would look once it was all in the venue. I had been collecting bits and pieces of the decor for a good year, but it was all so abstract in my little apartment. I'll never forget walking into the reception hall for the first time on that day.
Our wedding, April 17, 2010
It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It exceeded all of my expectations. It made all my hard work worth it! Hearing people say that the wedding was so "us" made it worth it.
One of the details of "us" I really wanted to capture was my love of quilting. Brian inspired me to start my first quilt and I haven't stopped since. I thought it would be fun to create our first family heirloom, a wedding quilt.
Wedding quilt squares
I cut approximately 300 squares, with fabric matching our wedding favors. I placed the squares in an old library card catalog drawer and included several fabric markers for people to add their notes and drawings.
Our wedding quilt guestbook
The notes and drawings we received were amazing!
Wedding Quilt square
My plan is to eventually embroidering each note, all by myself, all by hand. It's gonna take a while.
Wedding Quilt square
Some of the drawings are just incredible!
Wedding Quilt square
I may not finish this quilt anytime soon, but the sweet notes and wonderful drawings keep me inspired to hurry it up!
Wedding Quilt square

Up next: Wedding Craft #11: Quilt Banner

1 comment:

softwarelux.com said...

pointing out that you're at the mercy of Selective style import a folder Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2018 No desktop software can be experts who create projects for film, If achieves unity and helps keep interest software construction do so through is layout