Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for so much this year, I don't know where to begin. My family, my friends, health and happiness, my job, my 2 minute commute to work, and most of all, my Brian. While we're off to see our families on Thanksgiving day, I wanted to do a little something special for our first Thanksgiving together. So, I made us our own little Thanksgiving over the weekend. We decided to change the usual Thanksgiving menu up a little, so our food for the week wouldn't be too redundant and came up with a fun little menu.
Thanksgiving Lunch (our first married Thanksgiving together)
What you see above is garlic green beans, cranberry sauce, rosemary mashed potatoes, sausage dressing, and steak. Believe it or not, I'm not a real dressing/stuffing fan. It's the oddest thing to me, because I love all the ingredients that went into my stuffing: bread, sausage, celery, chicken broth, and the such... but when it's all together, it's just not my favorite. Brian; however, loves it. So, I made my first stuffing.
Thanksgiving stuffing
I added some sage to it, which gave it a really deep flavor that I did quite enjoy. I was really happy with my dressing, mostly because Brian seemed really into it. One of my favorite parts of the meal was my little cocktail.
Cranberry/Lime Cocktail
I've been very into muddling fruit into 7-up, then adding a touch of Malibu. Since it was our thanksgiving meal, I added some of the cranberry sauce into my cocktail and it was quite tasty, indeed. I also added a squeeze of lime and lime zest - not too shabby. The whole meal was a hit.
Thanksgiving Lunch (our first married Thanksgiving together)
I also ended the night with a mini homemade apple pie (not pictured), which we shared over some coffee with our neighbors. It was a great night. We've got so much to be thankful for this year!

What are you all thankful for?

No comments: