Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Bastille Day!

We are celebrating Bastille day tomorrow at work, so I decided to prepare Quiche Lorraine. It really is my favorite dish to bake, so I'll use any excuse to bake a quiche! As usual, I prepared the dough with some Parmesan, rosemary, and thyme.
Quiche Lorraine
After preparing the crust, I quickly snuck away to catch a showing a Valley Girl at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
Valley Girl at the Hollywood Forever Cemetary
I can not believe I have never seen this movie! Especially since I'm technically a valley girl myself at the moment. I was pretty impressed with Nicholas Cage's performance in this movie! He's a little Hollywood punk rock boy dream! Who knew? I love a sappy love story, especially one that takes place in my home of Los Angeles. The scene above was shot at a restaurant called, Dupar's, which a short bike ride away from my apartment. I've only been there once, but this movie might have inspired me to go back! And now, back to the quiche...
Quiche Lorraine
Don't forget to celebrate Bastille day and wear your tricolour clothes! Vive la France!

No comments: