Saturday, July 26, 2008

Boyish Lasagna

I really can't take credit for this. Sure, I provided the recipe and guided the steps along, but I hardly lifted a finger. Really, I didn't even wash the dishes! It was pretty nice actually. I taught a friend to cook and taught myself to give up a little control in my kitchen. Growing up, my family really never taught me how to cook, because things were just easier if they did it themselves most of the time. I did eventually find my way around the kitchen, but I hope I'm never so impatient as to allowing others to help.
Boyish Lasagna
I left all of the big seasoning decisions up to my friend and let him make mistakes. There was light teasing when all of the noodles were arranged haphazardly, but I even let some of that go.
Boyish Lasagna
And of course, those noodles burned quicker. I think it had to be seen to be believed, or else I'd be labeled a lasagna perfectionist and that would be the end of that.
Boyish Lasagna
The results were pretty good. I like to think I made a friend feel less intimidated by the concept of cooking.
Boyish Lasagna
To celebrate this grand achievement, fruity champagne drink was served!
Peaches, Strawberries, Blueberries
Peaches, strawberries, and blueberries mixed with sweet champagne in the food processor, until smooth.
Champagne + Peaches, Strawberries, Blueberries
It was dangerously good.
Champagne + Peaches, Strawberries, Blueberries

1 comment:

myteemingee said...

hey. where's the picture of the chef?