Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hawaiian Tuna

It's been a long week. I still feel like something is wrong with my right eye, it's a little bloodshot right now (I got it checked out, and that eye is fine - it's my left eye that has the problems). Doctors say it's exhaustion, but I go to bed so early, so I have no idea. My days are pretty long lately, for example, today my day started at 6:30am and I didn't get home until about 8:30pm, though I'm surprisingly energetic tonight. I finally got new tires, so my car will not be slipping around the freeway anymore - did I mention it was doing that? It was. A lot. It's raining here in California, and I will be the first to admit, us LA people drive insane when it rains, we don't know what to do. My drive home was okay, thanks to the new tires and my iPod, which was on random, and played 2 rain oriented songs! It played Carol King's "Crying In the Rain" and The Smith's "William, It Was Really Nothing", it's like iPod random knew! Speaking of random, enough with my eyes, tires, and the rain and on to my food of the day.
Rice / Tuna Pineapple
I've been wanting to make this recipe for some time now. I got it from a friend from work, who got it from his friend from Hawaii. It's a Hawaiian Tuna dish that has sauteed onions, pineapples, tuna, all over white rice.
Hawaiian Tuna
It was pretty good, but for some reason, I didn't like the tuna. I bought canned tuna and well, it tasted like can to me. I think next time I might experiment with freshly baked tuna or possibly chicken?

No comments: