Monday, January 07, 2008

The Best Pasta Dish I Have Ever Made

I have to admit it, I'm a little shocked at how good this pasta dish came out. I started off with a little olive oil, garlic, and grilled some chicken. I cooked the chicken until it was almost done, then took it out of the pan.
The Chicken
I then added zucchini, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, fresh basil, pinot grigio, salt, and pepper.
The veggies
After the veggies sauteed a bit, I added the chicken and started to prepare the whole grain penne. When the penne was ready, I drained it and stirred in the veggies and chicken.
The pasta with the veggies and chicken
I honestly don't know why it came out so perfectly today. I have made similar pasta dishes, but I don't think I've ever balanced the flavors as harmoniously before. I'm always the first to admit when my cooking adventures go wrong, but this time, I somehow got it.
Yum
I didn't even want to add parmasean, because it tasted so good; though, I ended up adding some at my last few bites to expiriment and it was fantastic. Luckily, I made enough for me to eat this during lunch the next 2 days!

No comments: