Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cha Cha Cha Chia

When I was a little girl, I always wanted a Chia Pet. I'd ask for one every Christmas, but never got one. This year, I finally did. A bunny Chia Pet, at that!
Chia Pet
I decided to document the growth of my Chia. It really is an interesting process, the seeds are so strange looking.
My Chia Pet
I don't think I put enough seeds on the little bunny, because it ended up looking more brushy than bushy. All of the growth grew in the direction of my window, covering the cute little bunny's face.
My Chia Pet
I'm not really sure what to do next. I guess I just wait until it dies and do it over again?

1 comment:

myteemingee said...

heheheeeheeehe!!!!! cute! i have a homer chia pet (yes, homer simpson!) and it was SOOO fun to watch the "hair" grow on him. we did have to turn him every day so the plant wouldn't just grow in one direction. and we only did it once. too bad it doesn't stay "planted." :)