Friday, December 14, 2007

Vegetable Soup

It's been really cold in my apartment lately. For the longest time, I had been resisting to turn the heater on, because of that horrible dust-burning smell that comes around every winter, after not touching the heater for a good 8-9 months. I just wasn't ready for that smell. I finally gave in to it and the smell has come and gone, but I'm still interested in alternative methods of keeping warm. Warm blankets, wearing clothes fresh out of the dryer, and a good cup of hot soup.
Vegetable Soup
I basically threw a bunch of veggies into a pot of chicken broth. I don't have a real recipe, but I'll try to list everything I used.
Vegetable Soup

Annette's Veggie Soup
Ingredients:
3 cans of chicken broth (though, fresh is always better than cans)
1 tomato, cubed
6 mushrooms (could be more or less, to taste)
1.5 red/yellow potatoes
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup green beans
1 bay leaf
a pinch of garlic salt (to taste)
a pinch of paprika (to taste)
a pinch of onion powder (to taste)

1. Bring broth to a boil. Add bay leaf.
2. Wash all veggies. Cube potatoes and place them into the boiling broth. Potatoes take the longest to
boil, so cut the rest of the veggies during this time.
3. Add seasonings to boiling broth (garlic salt, paprika, onion powder)
4. Slice mushrooms and place those in next.
5. Cube tomatoes, and place tomatoes, corn, and green beans in next.
6. Allow ingredients to boil, so that all vegetables are cooked. Serve hot.

No comments: