Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'll Do My Crying In The Rain

Crying tears of joy, that is! School is out and I am super excited to craft again! It all started off by trying to make little Christmas ornaments. I was playing with some blue tissue paper, using scalloped scissors and cutting circles.
Tissue Paper
I started playing around, but was getting nowhere. I picked up some pink embroidery thread and thought I'd sew these tissue circles together. My embroidery needle happened to be attached to an empty white piece of fabric, already set up in an embroidery hoop. One thing led to another and I just started sewing.
Tissue Paper embroidery
I'm still not sure where this was going, but I did like the paper/fabric/embroidery thing, so I kept going. The blue paper reminded me of raindrops.
Tissue Paper embroidery
The whole concept is a work in progress, but in the meantime, I'm just going to have fun and enjoy the fact that I have no more papers due for the next few weeks!

1 comment:

myteemingee said...

YAAAAY!!! you don't know HOW disappointed I was there for a while, checking your blog and seeing that computer moniter posting still up. like, sheesh, isn't school OVER yet?! congrats on your first quarter!