Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Apple Pie

Merry Belated Christmas! I know I promised these pie pictures days ago, but I got really caught up in the holidays and lots and lots of baking! For my first pie, I think I did pretty well. I started with a few varieties of apples including: Jonagold, Granny Smith, Jazz, and Honeycrisp.
Apples for Pie
I was pretty proud of the crust. It was my first time making my own crust! I used Martha Stewart's recipe for Pate Brisee. It was a lot simpler to make than I thought it would be!
Apple Pie
It was a nice golden brown after the oven.
Apple Pie
I used star cookie cutters to make vents in the crust.
Apple Pie
I ended up with some extra crust dough and apple filling, so I made a little apple galette.
Apple pie
Apple Pie
After I made these pies, I made a few more, which include one more apple pie, a blueberry pie and a blueberry galette! I will post pictures of the blueberry pie/galette tomorrow. I am glad to say my 5 desserts in 5 days is over, but since I am on a little vacation from work and school, I think I might keep it going. Next on my list is Creme Brulee.

1 comment:

nicole said...

i love the stars!