Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Peppermint Bark

My first cookie variation is here, except it's more of a candy than a cookie. I used Martha's recipe for peppermint bark. First, I crushed the Starlight Mints.
Mints
Mints
Next I melted the white chocolate.
White Chocolate
I didn't have a double broiler, so I put a pot over some boiling water, and that worked just fine.
White Chocolate
Next, I put in rice crispies and laid it on a cookie sheet. I sprinkled the crushed mints on top and pushed them inside using wax paper.
Peppermint Bark
Place them in the refrigerator and 20-30 minutes later, they are ready to be crushed into pieces. I arranged them in little red cellaphane with baker's ribbon.
Peppermint Bark
Peppermint Bark
It was a fun recipe, but I'm afraid I didn't think it was minty enough for my taste. Next time, I might add some peppermint extract to the chocolate. It's a good recipe for those who prefer a subtle peppermint taste.

1 comment:

myteemingee said...

It was so yummy!! I shared with everyone and they all liked it. :) I especially liked the baker's ribbon - very festive and candy cane coordinated!!!