Sunday, December 23, 2007

Chocolate Wafer Sandwich Cookies With Peppermint Filling

I have been steadily following my plan to make 5 different cookie types in 5 days. These Chocolate-Peppermint Sandwich cookies are from last night (day 2 of 5), and well, they've got me re-thinking the whole cookie plan.
Holiday Cookie #2
Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to make 5 items, but not all cookies. I thought the recipe for these Chocolate Wafer cookies was a quick simple one, but it ended up taking a good 4.5-5 hours, through the whole process, and well.. I wasn't impressed with the taste much either. I like them, they were good, but not 5 hours good. If I'm going to spend 5 hours on a cookie, I want it to taste like it took 5 hours to make, you know?
Holiday Cookie #2
The recipe for the wafers is from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. I also used her recipe for Vanilla cream filling, except I substituted vanilla extract with mint extract and added crushed candy canes and a about a quarter cup more butter.
As far as the rest of my 5 day 5 holiday treat plans go, today is day 3, and I am in the midst of baking my first apple pie, from scratch. Since I have the next 10 or so days off from work and school, I decided to try to bake things that have been on my to-do list for a while now. Pictures of the pie will be posted tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Felicia said...

Merry Christmas :)