Friday, June 08, 2007

The Coop

The Coop
A coworker of mine claims this place has the pizza that tastes the closest to NY style that he's had in LA. Now, I love NY style pizza, so I had to try.
Pizza at The Coop
It had a NY style look and the smell was amazing. The taste was one of the best I've had in LA, but I have to admit, I've had better. It actually reminded me of a place I used to ditch class and go to in high school, Marco Polo Pizza. In all fairness to The Coop, we did order the pizza whole, and usually I like pizza by the slice much better. Whenever we'd get Marco Polo by the whole too, it was never as good. I really think this calls for a pizza taste test soon, only problem is that the 2 restaurants are about 30 miles apart.
One thing I like about The Coop a lot is that their ingredients looked very fresh and high quality. I got the antipasto salad, which had good ingredients, but I just thought it tasted okay. I know people who swear by it, but as far as antipasto salad goes, the best one I've had was at Big Mama and Papa's, in Sherman Oaks.

The Coop
10006 National Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310) 837-4462

No comments: