Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Spaghetti & Turkey Meatballs

We've been kinda-sorta dieting around here. So, to make every calorie count, I've been spending lots of time planning our meals so that we get the best meal we can for the calories we're eating. Extra lean ground turkey is a good meat option, it's super low in calories and easy to flavor. Last night, I used 4 ounces of ground turkey to make all of these lovely Italian meatballs.
Making the Turkey Meatballs
I then used 2.5 ounces of whole wheat pasta for 260 calories and half a cup of low calorie pasta sauce for only 45 calories. The entire meal was only 425 calories, not too bad!
Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
Brian is requesting an encore for the same meal tonight... better get cooking!
Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats for your blog!
I invite you to visit mine: http://lellilu.blogspot.com
I hope you enjoy! ^^

Anonymous said...

Just I like the meatballs but now only I come know how much use full our health thanks for the information........

___________________
Smarry
Online Marketing of your brand