Thursday, August 21, 2008

Faux Fried Chicken

I've been wanting to make this recipe for a long time now, but it wasn't until I saw it on this lovely lady's blog when I decided to give it a go. It's a quick recipe, with simple ingredients.
parsley, garlic, lemon
Parsley, garlic, lemon and yogurt.
parsley, garlic, lemon, and  yogurt
I used panko breadcrumbs, although I have heard other recipes using corn flakes. That might be interesting to try once I run out of the panko crumbs.
Chicken with parsley, garlic, lemon, yogurt, and panko breadcrumbs
I think I prefer this chicken to real fried chicken, merely for the lack of post-fried chicken guilt.
Faux-Fried Chicken
All I need now is some corn on the cob and a slice of watermelon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you. I just bought some chicken this morning at the store, and was anticipating another night of bland cracker-coated tenders, made to please my munchkins. This is a much better alternative!