For the show last weekend, part of my job was to play tambourine. I have small hands, so the tambourine was leaving unsightly blisters. I decided to re-make some gloves, to match my dress. I started with a pair of sparkly, silver gloves, which I had around the house. I think I originally paid less than a dollar for them.
I dyed them black, using Rit. I let them soak while we went to band practice, for about 4-5 hours.
By the time they were ready, we didn't have much time left. Brian dried them off with a blow dryer while I did my hair.
I sewed on some bows, made with ribbon.
I was ready for that tambourine!
Of course, I forgot to put them on during my tambourine songs. I had tied a scarf I knitted around them part that gave me blisters, and that did the trick. I did wear the gloves all night though, and they were a hit.