Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New Chair, New Cushion

I sold my big computer desk this weekend. I haven't really figured out what I want to do about building my new one yet. I keep changing my mind. In the meantime, I bought a new chair for my future desk. I really wanted an Eames chair, but sadly can not afford one just yet, so this will have to do. It's a good chair, but since this is the chair I am planning on sitting in a lot for the next 2 years of my schooling, I thought I'd make a little cushion for my tushion. Using tracing paper, I made a little template of the chair's funny little base.
Template
Then, I cut some fabric and sewed a little pillow. I left a small opening to stuff my pillow and then sew in some ties, to tie the pillow onto the chair.
Chair Pillow
I almost stopped there, but then I found this neat button.
Chair Pillow
So, I tuffet-ed the little cushion and well, it's a bit awkward, but cozy. I was a little worried that the button would bother my bottom, but it kinda disappears into the fabric, so it's a pretty cozy cushion!

No comments: