Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Quilt # 2 Swatches

Last night I cut lots of pieces for quilt #2. I want this to be a big huge semi-random looking quilt, so now the hard part is deciding the "random" pattern.

Quilt #2 Swatches

I made a list of how many I have of each square.
First row from the top (left to right): 8, 8, 28, 24, 12
Second row: 28, 8, 16, 16, 8
Third row: 20, 24, 32, 24, 24
Fourth row: 24, 16, 12, 14, 16

On most of the fabric, I could make more squares too. Lately I've been thinking of getting some solid color fabric to put in the mix, so that it's not as busy. Tonight, I plan to scan each pattern and play with the patterns on photoshop. For some reason, I see everything clearly on photoshop. I was thinking of also sewing random groups of 4 squares to get started, then matching the 4 squares together to make a bigger pattern, but that might be too risky. I don't want to waste my fabric.

No comments: