Monday, October 13, 2008

Coconut Tarts

I think I should rename the subtitle of this blog to "adventures of a girl with ADD". I don't actually have ADD (that I know of), but I wouldn't be surprised if I did. I really can't give myself a break. Tonight I spent the entire night cooking and cleaning. It wouldn't be so bad, but I had a little frustration in the kitchen.
Pate Sable
Was it the tart crust?
Pate Sable
Nope. That actually baked quite well.
Pate Sable
I also made mini tartlets too! It was what went inside the crust that caused the frustration.
Mini Coconut Tarts
Sure they look fine now, but I went on another low-fat rampage and tried to bring non-fat whipping cream to form medium peaks. Friends, let me save you the trouble, it just doesn't happen. It didn't for me anyway. I also mixed in a can of sweetened condensed milk, coconut extract, and sugar, but I got nothing. I had to bring out the big bad full-fat heavy whipping cream to get that extra fluff. It was quite a mess actually. I still have bowls of thick liquid coconut filling in my fridge that I'm not sure what to do with. Perhaps an ice cream? For now, I just want a break from the kitchen, but if you know me at all.. that feeling will pass soon. I suspect I'll be baking again in no time.

1 comment:

Donut Recipes said...

Great readd