Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Carrot Cupcakes

Ever since the last time I used this recipe for a birthday cake at work, one of the scholars here has been telling me that I have to make it for her again, before she leaves. Today is her last day, so I stayed up late last night making little carrot cupcakes, perfect for her flight back to Paris.
I'm always a bit nervous when making these, because it always seems like there are more carrots than batter. I got nervous they wouldn't come out.
Carrot Cupcakes
But, they were fine!
Carrot Cupcakes
I was so tempted to eat one up, but I didn't. Eighteen naked little cupcakes await her. Since she's leaving on a flight, she mentioned that if I do make it for her, she'd prefer the frosting on the side, so it would be easier to take on a plane. I did have some extra batter though and made a little cake, which I frosted.
Half a Carrot Cake
I cut the cake in half so that one half can go to the people in my office and the other half can go to Brian and my bellies. The cake recipe is the same as last time, but I did use a new recipe for the frosting and it came out pretty good.

Cream Cheese Frosting
INGREDIENTS
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.

No comments: