Monday, May 28, 2007

Strawberry Pickin'

Brian and I took a trip to Underwood Family Farms this morning to partake in a little old fashioned strawberry pickin'.
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
We ended up with about 3-4 pounds of strawberries, which was plenty. We walked around looking for berries, but when we finally found them, they were swarmed with bumble bees.
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
Bees were a problem. I've never been stung, but I do have allergic tendancies in general, so I fear the day. They were also a problem for Brian who kept trying to pick me sunflowers, though they were also covered in initals b.b.. Soon came accross a bee-free flower zone. I guess the bees weren't into these flowers, but I sure was. After Brian picked me one, I kept pointing out new ones for him to pick.
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
Flowers and strawberries later, we strolled over to the farmer's market and it was magnificent.
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
Strawberry Picking - May 28, 2007
We decided to make a farmer's market dinner/lunch (since it was still only 12). I realize this post is getting a little picture heavy, so I will post those pictures tomorrow.

No comments: