Saturday, April 12, 2008

Beer Chicken Fajitas

I don't get to play online as much as I used to. School has started and it has been pretty good, so far. I am IN LOVE with my preservation class. My inner science geek comes out and makes my heart pitter patter during each lecture. We actually tested paper samples for their PH and aluminum content the other day. It was absolutely wonderful. My true calling has arrived and soon, I will take on paper conservation internships. I can not wait. I knew I wanted to spent the entire day doing homework, so in preparation of dinner, I work up bright and early and started chopping onions and bell peppers.
Bell Peppers, Onions, and Beer?
Yes. That is a beer too. The beer, along with marinated chicken, the onions, and bell peppers, all went into my little crock pot.
Chicken, Spices, Bell Peppers, Onions, and Beer
About 8 hours later, I placed the mixture onto a hot tortilla with some sour cream.
8 hours later...
This was absolutely the most tender chicken I have ever eaten, ever.
Close up on the Beer Chicken Fajitas
I will be making this recipe again and again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I really like your blog .. I think I found you through Craft Mag (your quiltblogging).. Perhaps it's because I'm hungry, but that crock/fajita recipe sounds fab.. is there anything special to it, or it a just-throw-the-ingredients-in kind of thing? Chicken, beer, peppers, onions, yes?

Also, your quilt blogging inspired me to keep track of my latest quilt's progress.. and it's a geeky science quilt! http://beckyhaycox.com/hamblog/?s=science+quilt

My other quilts/crafts here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hambox/sets/72157594153145700/

Thanks again for all your inspiration and good luck with schoolio! Becky

dailycraft said...

Hi Becky! Thanks for the nice comments! You must try these fajitas, they were so easy to make and very fun to eat! Also, they made my apartment smell so wonderful! So basically, yes, I threw in all of those ingredients and seasoned the chicken with fajita seasonings. I followed this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_36001,00.html, with a couple of tweeks (such as using chicken instead of beef).

By the way, geeky science? Did you read my post today.. I LOVE geeky science! I will be reading your blog very soon...

Anonymous said...

This recipe sounds great! I can't wait to try them!