Sunday, September 07, 2008

Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry

Another crazy little weekend for me. Today, I felt like having an "Annette Day". Not a glamorous day, but a nice relaxing day. I slept in late, went running, did some grocery shopping, and made some stir-fry, while watching a movie.
Baby Bok Choy
I love vegetables. And one of my favorites is Baby Bok Choy. It reminds me of a trip I took to Hong Kong when I was a 19 years old.. it was the first time I ever had, or remember having, Bok Choy! How was I deprived of this tasty leafy green for 19 years of my life? Well, the trip to Hong Kong was amazing, and one of the many things that trip taught me was Baby Bok Choy. It also taught me about Lychee, which is another post, all together.
Chicken getting marinated
I marinated the chicken in some sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and garlic and onion powder. I mixed it in the bag and let it hang out in the refrigerator until I got all my vegetables chopped up and started on my rice.
celery and baby corn
I love baby corn, they're so adorable. After getting all the veggies ready, I stir fried the chicken for a few minutes, then set aside. I stir fried all of the vegetables (except the Bok Choy) for a few minutes, then re-added the chicken and then the Bok Choy at the end.
Stir Fry
The reason I did the Bok Choy last was because it cooks so quickly. Next time, I think I will keep the snow peas until the end too.
Stir Fry and Steamed Rice
All in all, it was pretty good. Actually, the best stir fry I have ever made! It almost tasted as good as the yummy take-out place down my street, except I think I used less oil and fat then they do. A slight compromise in taste, but really just as good!
Stir Fry and Steamed Rice
Now to end this "Annette Day," I think I'll go hang out with some friends!

2 comments:

myteemingee said...

Wow. I just got SCHOOLED in chinese food!!!!!!!! ;) I'll have to try making this recipe. Sounds really good!

HausuParty said...

i'm waiting for a new blog lady! also, i have a present for you... hint: my mom made it!