Saturday, March 15, 2008
Tan Abour (Yogurt Soup)
Mimi’s Tan Abour (Yogurt Soup)
Approx. 30 oz. Yogurt
1 cup Barley
5-6 cups water
1 bushel of Cilantro, chopped (to taste)
1 yellow onion, chopped
Salt (to taste)
1. Rinse Barley, until water runs clear
2. Mix Barley with the water in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Continue to boil, letting the Barley to fully cook.
3. In the meantime, sauté the onion and chop the Cilantro
4. After the Barley has cooked, whip the yogurt (by spoon) and slowly pour into boiling water/barley mix, making sure the water is continuously boiling.
5. When the yogurt is mixed in, add the sautéd onion.
6. Let boil for a few minutes, then add the Cilantro.
7. Turn off heat. Add salt to taste.