Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Antipasto Salad

There are only three types of salad that I absolutely love. First one is my aunt Janet's salad. I've gotten her recipe before, but it never tastes as good when I make it, though it's one of those nice surprises when she does make it.  It's a little treat, because it's not too often I have it.  I think the last time I had this salad was definitely over 3 years ago, but it's just so good, I remember it. It's amazing what she can do to a regular house salad. Salad number two is similar to my aunt Janet's salad, but a little more on the Greek side, it's called the Greek Taverna salad at The Great Greek. When I'm in the mood for a nice Greek salad, this is the only one that can do it for me. The thrid favorite salad, and my favorite of the moment, is the Antipasto salad at a little pizza joint up down my street called, Big Mamas Pizza. I've discovered this is a chain, but I think each shop makes the Antipasto salad a little differently. I prefer the one in Studio City. Instead of paying about $8 for a salad that will last me one dinner, I decided to go out and buy all the goods to make my own, that will last me all week! Farmer's market lettuce.
Lettuce
Tomatoes, onions, cheese, garbanzo beans, pickles, provolone cheese, and turkey pepperoni made the rest of the salad.
Antipasto Salad
The only ingredient I forgot was pepperoncini! I do miss my pepperoncini, but it was a pretty good salad! I have to admit, I'm a bit intimidated by salads, I've never made one that I was super proud of - I should rephrase that, I've never made a healthy salad that I've been super proud of. I do love my bean/corn salad, which is semi-healthy but full of sugars (natural sugars, but still).

No comments: