Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Whole Wheat Biscuits & My Mom's Harisah

Because my current job is only a block away from my parent's house, I'll occasionally get a call from my mom offering me some dinner or leftovers. It's always a treat to get some of my mom's home cooking, especially when she makes Harisah. The best way for me to describe Harisah is an Armenian Chicken Porridge. It has wheat, chicken (or turkey), butter, salt, and it's amazing. A bowl full of Harisah is a meal in itself, but I thought I'd a little more coziness to the dish by making biscuits.
Whole Wheat Biscuits
Since Brian and I are trying to be a little more healthy in our eating, I used this recipe for Fluffy Whole Wheat Biscuits. They came out pretty tasty, considering they were whole wheat! Though, I think I'll roll out the dough a bit thicker next time and possibly layer the biscuits with butter. Now, have you seen a cozier dinner?
Whole Wheat Biscuits and Harisah (Armenian chicken porridge)
Harisah is great, because you could even freeze the leftovers and have them anytime! Although, when we eat Harisah, there are usually no leftovers.

**If you're waiting for wedding crafts, I still can't find my memory card... but I'll keep searching! Wedding crafts will be posted the moment I find it!**

No comments: