Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shrimp Pasta

I have been so anxious to post about all of the crafts Brian and I did for our wedding; however, I have somehow misplaced my old memory card that stored all of our pictures. So, until I find that memory card, I will post about my other favorite craft: food. Post France, all I want to do is cook and bake all day long. I want to quit my job and go to culinary school. I want to quit my job and eat all things buttery. Oh, and I have been eating all things buttery... so much that I've gained quite a few pounds in the past month! So, in an effort to be healthy, we made some light, fresh, shrimp pasta.
Shrimp Pasta
I used to use nothing but calorie free butter and primarily cooked oil-free. After Paris, I could never go back to that again. First, I heated up a little butter, extra virgin olive oil, and garlic. After the garlic was nice and infused, I added the shrimp and cooked them through. Once they were nice and pink, I removed the shrimp, added some diced tomatoes, spices, fresh basil, and pinot grigio. Once that mix reduced a bit, I added the shrimp in again and heated.
Shrimp Pasta
I used fresh angel hair pasta, so the cook time was no more than a minute.
Fresh Pasta
Once my pasta was ready, I mixed the noodles and the sauce up in a bowl.
Shrimp Pasta
Added some Parmesan.
Shrimp Pasta
Then added some garlic bread - which was super easy. I did actually use some Promise butter (in my little attempt to save calories), then some garlic salt and into the oven until toasty.
Shrimp Pasta and garlic bread
It's become one of our favorite dishes, because it's light, easy to make, and super tasty.

No comments: