Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Quiche

This weekend, I attend a brunch potluck party to celebrate my friend, Julian's birthday. Julian requested that I make a vegetarian quiche, so that is what I did. I started with a Rosemary, Thyme, Parmesan Pâte brisée crust.
Rosemary, Thyme, Parmesan Crust
Making a crust in the food processor is so much fun!
Rosemary, Thyme, Parmesan Crust
It's always pretty to see all the herbs when I roll the crust flat.
Rosemary, Thyme, Parmesan Crust
I somehow rolled it, so that it fit perfectly.
Rosemary, Thyme, Parmesan Crust
After baking the crust for a few minutes, the little dots of butter started to show.
Vegetables Sauteing for the Quiche for Julian's Birthday
This quiche featured onions, asparagus, mushrooms, and spinach.
Vegetable Quiche for Julian's Birthday
A little cream, egg, and some seasonings later, I popped the quiche into the oven for about an hour.
Vegetable Quiche for Julian's Birthday
Vegetable Quiche for Julian's Birthday
I was pretty pleased with the turnout. The quiche dish was empty by the time I left, so I guess that's a good sign! Now, what to do with all of my leftover veggies in the fridge... let's see...

No comments: