Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sew 'N Sew

I've been feeling very charitable lately. In the past week, I have donated blood, ran a 5k marathon for women's cancer, and joined a quilting group at my work, that raffles off a quilt to raise money for a women's shelter. I have worked on a few squares for the quilt, below.
Getty Quilt
It's a whole new experience working with a quilting group. I guess I'm a little worried that my work might be too messy for the group. I have such high respect for those who sew perfect seams, but personally, I love the flaws in handmade. I just hope my little squares are good enough. The quilt we're working on is really neat, it's not my usual style, though I'm really excited to be working with such a talented group on a quilt for such a good cause.

1 comment:

Sharee said...

I can't wait to see the square when you're done!